Spinach Masiyal in Soapstone vessel
- Posted By: Healthy Buddha
- Category: Lunch
- Level: Easy
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Serves: 3
- Views: 284
About Recipe:Traditional dishes in traditional vessels Spinach masiyal with hot ghee rice is one our favourite comfort foods
- 1 Bunch Spinach
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 3-4 dry red chilly
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp heeng
- Salt to taste
- Roughly chop a bunch of washed spinach.
- Add it in the soapstone vessel.
- Sprinkle water over the top.
- Cook over medium flame.
- Allow it to simmer for about 10 mins.
- Keep a watch and stir occasionally.
- The leaves simmer and undergo reduction. Switch off gas once reduced.
- Use a wooden hand masher to mash the spinach well (be gentle while doing so)
- Then add salt to taste.
- Time for tadka :
- Add mustard seeds in heated coconut oil, in a seperate vessel.
- Then add roughly split dry red chillies.
- Followed by raw split urad dal and pinch of heeng.
- Add the tadka to the mashed spinach and mix.
- Enjoy with hot ghee rice.
- Purchase soapstone vessel online from Healthy Buddha to make your meals even more delicious.